Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the Debian main page

On 04/14/2011 11:28 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:54:40AM -0700, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
I think a case could be made for Debian's apt system being the original
"app store"

Yes.  That's what I wanted to say in my previous mail!

And because there was a mail about not accepting the term app store
because repository is such a good name:  I have no idea whether
[...]
How about "Free App Store" ?  The double meaning of "Free"
shall help to get some extra attention. That "Free" and "Store"
don't really go together in a commercial sense is also rather
lovely ... from that one can deduce what meaning that "Free"
shall have.  Actually, we should trademark that.

Steffen