Re: Better visibility of "what can you do with Debian" on the Debian main page

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 04:11:44PM +0200, Jérôme wrote:
> Why using 100 apps for doing something that 1 browser can doing ? "App
> store" is lineal heir to french "3615 Minitel".

It's funny that you'd say that, because traditionally the Unix approach
has been to use many small, task-specific "apps", not one big monolithic
system.  It seems to me that the current "app store" trend is entirely
compatible with this philosophy.  The only real problem is that none of
the popular app stores are at all friendly to free software.

I think a case could be made for Debian's apt system being the original
"app store"

noah