Re: On terminology

Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> Re: Steve Langasek 2010-07-05 <[🔎] 20100705164805.GA26407@dario.dodds.net>

>> I haven't seen anyone propose a good name that it can be changed *to*.
>> Shouldn't that be the first step?

> It would probably be "New Developer". But before everyone rushes to
> update lots of documents, let's try to implement some of the changes
> to membership like "Debian Contributor". I'm sure along that route lie
> more naming updates that would make work done now redundant.

And in the process, PLEASE rename Debian Maintainer to something that
isn't completely confusing given the existence of a Maintainer field in
all of our packages and all the other uses of "maintainer" in Debian that
pre-existed the Debian Maintainer system and mean something else entirely.

I'm happy to propose a GR to do that (and also make it clear that such
details can be changed going forward without a GR) if that will help.