Re: On terminology

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 12:14:03AM +0300, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> Am I the only one who has trouble -and getting laughed at- whenever I
> try to explain these to potential contributors?
>
> Can we _at least_ rename the NM process to be indicative of what it
> is?

Seconded.

Speaking with various people about the ways they can join Debian, I've
had several time the feeling that our current (incoherent) naming is
quite confusing. It is nobody's fault, it has just grown this way due to
how our membership mechanisms evolved, but it's definitely time to make
the terminology more uniform.

Cheers.