Re: Switching the default startup method

* Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen@err.no) [090826 16:12]:
> ]] Andreas Barth

> | Our release policy tells in
> | http://release.debian.org/squeeze/rc_policy.txt (please note the
> | difference between conffiles and configuration files)
>
> I don't see anything in section 3 that makes it a bug for file-rc to
> update its own configuration file, as long as the admin's changes are kept?

As long as that file isn't marked as conffile, that is correct. (Of
course, "keeping the admin changes" includes to me "there must be no
information loss during the handling", which leads to "there needs to
be a way to undo the change". And none of these sentences is specific
to file-rc or any of the other tools and packages discussed in this
thread.)

Cheers,
Andi