Re: [OT] aggressiveness on our mailing lists.

On Fri, Jul 24 2009, MJ Ray wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>>  [...] I think that we can go over much to the other side: We should not
>>  be overly genteel about silly ideas. [...]
>
> I don't think there's anything wrong with being a polite society
> (=genteel) even when confronted with a silly idea.
>
> Maybe the above should be gentle instead of genteel?  Sorry if this is
> just picking up a typo or malapropism, but I really do think there's a
> substantial point here: the project should remain polite even in the
> face of really daft ideas (like the 3017th report that our website CSS
> is invalid just because the W3C validator is incomplete).

        Calling a daft idea silly is being rude now?

> Deep-six the idea by all means, but there's no need to be crass.

        Frankly, calling an idea silly does not seem crass to me
 (compared to things I can point out to posted on the planet)

        manoj
--
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time.  The last 10% of a
project takes 90% of the time.