Re: [OT] aggressiveness on our mailing lists.

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>  [...] I think that we can go over much to the other side: We should not
>  be overly genteel about silly ideas. [...]

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a polite society
(=genteel) even when confronted with a silly idea.

Maybe the above should be gentle instead of genteel?  Sorry if this is
just picking up a typo or malapropism, but I really do think there's a
substantial point here: the project should remain polite even in the
face of really daft ideas (like the 3017th report that our website CSS
is invalid just because the W3C validator is incomplete).

Deep-six the idea by all means, but there's no need to be crass.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef