Re: [OT] aggressiveness on our mailing lists.

On Thu, Jul 23 2009, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Le Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:44:01PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>>
>>         his is silly
>

> In case you had any doubt about it, let me confirm: it hurts to read
> that kind of answer.

> It does not help, nor bring any useful element to the discussion by starting
> your anwers with that kind of statements. Please consider refraining from
> writing them.

        While I do not approve of ad hominem attacks on the mailing
 list, I think that we can go over much to the other side: We should not
 be overly genteel about silly ideas. And I even defined why the Idea
 was silly: Instead of the proposal, that seeks to measure activities
 that require DD-ship to perform, and indeed are required for performing
 ones duties as a developer, adding bureaucratic busy work is indeed
 suboptimal.

        If critiques of your ideas hurt you, I suggest you start off by
 thinking  harder about them, and doing a self critique t discover where
 you might be falling short.

        manoj
--
"Laugh while you can, monkey-boy." Dr. Emilio Lizardo