Re: so ... let's merge DAM and FD?

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:09:12AM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> The point is they aren't duplicating the same task. DAM reviews and
> approves applications. FD does superficial checks to filter out
> technically incorrect applications so that DAM doesn't have to do
> those and doesn't waste time on those applications.

My understanding from the previous thread is that that's not exactly
the case. FD does more reviewing than just surface formal correctness,
otherwise it will not be possible to signal suggestions (in either
sense) to DAM. That's more than understandable, assuming DAM is a
generally busy role, FD tries to help out as much as possible; but
overall, we are just adding steps and people which need to restart
from scratch at each passage.

But hey, given that neither of the two team replied, I assume they are
fine with the current situation and they do not want to get rid of the
extra step. I think it is a missed opportunity, but is their call.

Cheers.