Re: so ... let's merge DAM and FD?

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
In the midst of the huge discussion started at [1], a specific
proposal [2] did not appear to have received much counter arguments,
namely: merging DAM with FD (both CC-ed).

...<snip>...

Lack of people vociferously objecting does not imply consent.

I believe that there is agreement among the teams there is no other
need to "decide" anything else. I felt the need to re-raise this topic
because I believe it's an easy way to get rid of some bureaucracy and
because I have the impression there might be consensus on that. Is
that so?

Cheers.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/06/msg00024.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/06/msg00056.html

While consensus might exist that eliminating bureaucracy is
good, division of labor can be a good thing too.  I do not think you
have established the need to combine the FD and DAM tasks.  Are
you claiming the DAMs are too bureaucratic?

Richard