so ... let's merge DAM and FD?

In the midst of the huge discussion started at [1], a specific
proposal [2] did not appear to have received much counter arguments,
namely: merging DAM with FD (both CC-ed).

I advanced that proposal because I consider it offers the following
advantages:

- less bureaucracy: the _decision_ about whether to create an account
  or not is a single step without dossiers passing from FD to DAM with
  shared responsibility

- no "cold start" in the review process of an applicant by DAM: a
  member of the new team might remember the applicant from a
  previous step (e.g. advocate checks)

- enlarge DAM team: currently they are just two people, which de facto
  already receive help from FD in accepting new developers; in the new
  situation that help can then be used also for other DAM tasks

I believe that there is agreement among the teams there is no other
need to "decide" anything else. I felt the need to re-raise this topic
because I believe it's an easy way to get rid of some bureaucracy and
because I have the impression there might be consensus on that. Is
that so?

Cheers.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/06/msg00024.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/06/msg00056.html