Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

Baz <bazciscor@gmail.com> writes:

> It's only going to take one over-zealous U.S. attorney, to get hold of
> this and run with it.  It doesn't necessarily matter if it's legal
> discrimination.  What matters is, the Debian Project can't afford the
> legal exposure; that is, defending itself legally.

I don't see any liability for the Debian Project here.  For one thing,
there's no such thing, legally.  For another, it's a posting to a mailing
list, not an official project statement.  Anyone can of course sue over
anything, but I don't think there's a case.  (IANAL.)

My comments were solely intended to point out the possible cultural
difference and the fact that many people in the US will have a strong
reaction to this sort of thing.  (I'm one of them.  Age discrimination
makes me extremely angry.)  They were not intended to imply that there's
some sort of risk here to Debian.  I don't believe there is.