Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> I maintain that informing interested parties up front about an age
> requirement in a job *offer*/ad is not the same as turning down (or
> firing) someone for _no other_ reason than age.

If you act on that restriction, I believe it is in the United States.  The
impression I have is that this is black letter law in the US.  It is not a
requirement of discrimination law in the US in general that the
discrimination be the *only* reason for an employment choice, only that
the bias be discriminatory, and stating it as a requirement certainly
meets the basic requirement there.

It's doubly illegal around here -- age discrimination is a violation of
California's Fair Employment and Housing Act as well as the federal
statute.