Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

First: I didn't mean to point fingers against that specific
company. I have no reason to assume that they are in general
"discriminatory" or whatever. I just think that one sentence
in their offer was inappropriate for our project. So, please
people of nine.ch: Please take my mail as constructive
criticism, even if the tone was maybe harsh.

On 2008-11-26 10:11, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> [2008.11.25.2017 +0100]:
> > I would very much appreciate, if Debian would not publish job
> > offers that discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnic origin,
> > disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or religion. Not
> > only it is illegal in some countries, I find it highly
> > inappropriate for our project. Thanks for your attention.
> Putting a maximum age into a job
> description is standard practice

At least in Germany, this can lead to a "dissuasion"(?) -
Abmahnung, i.e. the company has to pay a kind of fine/charge, on
grounds of "Common Equalisation Law"(?) - AGG, Allgemeines
Gleichstellungsgesetz. As always: IANAL and have no idea about
Swiss legislation. I'm pretty sure in Germany it's just illegal.

(Btw. I'm not against any kind of discrimination in general, it
depends on context. And I am not a fan of "political
correctness", which is very often a nicer word for censorship.)