Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 09:53:36AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 01:00:24PM -0800, Baz wrote:
> > > It's only going to take one over-zealous U.S. attorney, to get hold of this
> > > and run with it.

> > We're talking about a posting for a job in Switzerland.  Don't be absurd.

> That stopped being true the moment some of the more opiniated members
> started making statements that were in no way restricted to that particular
> job offer posting, and that, if taken by someone to be an endorsment of the
> "real position of the Debian project, even if it is not officially written
> anywhere", would cause trouble.

No, it wouldn't.  Please refrain from armchair-lawyering the legal systems
of countries you don't appear to actually be familiar with.

FFS, Debian deliberately ignores software patents even though we know a
significant number of patent holders could *win* in a US court if they ever
brought suit against us - but now people want to worry about whether or not
Debian is seen as endorsing the *idea* of age discrimination for fear of
lawsuits?

(No, this is not an invitation to revisit Debian's policy on patents.
Anybody who takes it as such will be summarily killfiled and/or flamed.)