Re: Developer Status

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 04:30:31PM +0200, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> Joey Schulze wrote:
>>> This is an interesting point.
>>>
>>> Do you thing Ingo Juergensman could not pass a simple test on
>>> packaging or on BTS? He could anyway ask ftp-master to have
>>> upload right removed.
>>
>> Why should he do a packaging test?  Why should translators of the
>> website?  They do not intend to do packaging.
>
> It should be not mandatory, but I think it is interesting to him to
> know the very basic packaging.

Regardless, at the time, Ingo felt that there was no way for him to be
able to get through NM without knowing stuff about packaging. That is
not a good thing (I've known Ingo for quite some time now, and he's a
very knowledgeable person, on Debian as a whole and the m68k port
specifically)

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22