Re: Planet policy?

MJ Ray wrote:
> Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote: [...]
>> Why so complicated? Isn't it easier to divide the content of planet into
>> something like "personal" and "technical" [...]
>
> personal / technical may be a different split to debian / other - some
> of Ian Murdock's posts are technical without being directly about
> debian.  It's probably so complicated because debian-ness is in the
> eye of the beholder.

You're right, "debian"/"other" makes more sense than personal/technical.
We should really aim to implement such a solution. This way we could
satisfy everybody without kicking people from the planet. But it is
somewhat important to have booth sections on one site by default and
make it optional to exclude a section. This way we keep the planet as it
is by default and just provide an extra option for the
debian-only/non-debian-only proponents.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org