Re: Planet policy?

On Monday 06 August 2007 1:28:20 pm Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:
> > But then again: Ian Murdock is there because he is the Debian founder,
> > right? I do not know if nowadays he is in any actual way _related to_
> > Debian. Yes, not all Planet members are DDs (nor should they, of
> > course!), but they are better or worse connected to the project. Is
> > Ian so?
>
> Maybe we might contact him and ask him to set the feed for a proper
> tag or something so planet won't get all his posts. That would be a
> better solution.

That sounds reasonable on the one hand.  On the other hand, I think Gunnar's
policy is better: you must be actively involved with Debian to be on Planet
Debian.

> But yes, I do think that we should at least try to keep planet without
> much noise otherwise it'll get boring to read and lose its meaning.

Actually, I don't read Planet Debian for the Debian posts.  I find it
exceptionally difficult to try to follow a discussion there, and besides,
that's what we have debian-{devel,user,project,vote,devel-announce,*} for.

I read Planet Debian for the *non-Debian* posts.  What somebody's apartment
in Japan looks like, what the trip to Berlin was like, etc.  Maybe what
their Debian development area looks like...

It's good to get to know our fellow developers as whole people, where Debian
is part -- but not all -- of their lives.

-- John