Re: Planet policy?

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> Why so complicated? Isn't it easier to divide the content of planet into
> something like "personal" and "technical" [...]

personal / technical may be a different split to debian / other - some
of Ian Murdock's posts are technical without being directly about
debian.  It's probably so complicated because debian-ness is in the
eye of the beholder.

If anyone wants to try defining a new split, set up a site.  There are
several of those already, as far as I can see from the logs, so ask
around if you want a howto or tips on setup.  This seems a lot simpler
than reimplementing ftp-master, which has been suggested before.  If
one gets more popular than the current planet, that would seem a good
reason to change the target of the planet.debian.net hostname.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.