Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 07:21:08PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 09:36:47AM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> > > Sven,
> > >
> > > You may or may not have been mistreated but the volume of your
> > > arguments is disproportionate.  There are millions of people
> > > who are being treated far worse and on an ongoing basis and I'd
> > > like to use what few spare cycles my brain has to worry about
> > > them rather than skipping over arguments about Sven.
> >
> > Possibly, but for two points :
> >
> >   - i am not forcing you to read this thread, just as i am not forced to
> >     read each of the random flamewar which debian has had without me
> >     being involved.
>
> You are not forced to work on Debian and pollute its mailing lists
> either, yet still you seem to be doing exactly that.  Why?

Why can't i post on debian mailing lists, if it costs nothing but email
archive space and some bandwidth, which is cheap nowaday ? Just because
you don't like what i have to say i should i have less right to the use
of the mailing lists than you or others do ?

Or do you deny that this is a ways more important topic than the choice
of code names, or seeing the d-i folk fight over usplash, or any other
random thread on our lists ?

Why should i have less right to post on the lists than others do ?

> > > Furthermore, your arguments are repetitive and counter-productive
> > > as they alienate more and more Debian readers.
> >
> > Well, i am just holding an open and public conversation with some folk,
>
> You are polluting the mailing list, you are offending Debian developers,
> you are spreading FUD and beating dead horses.  It's a public conversion,

Please tell me when i have been spreading FUD. I have always told the
truth to the best of my knowledge, which has not been the case of
everyone here. As for dead horses, i am not dead yet.

> true, but a pretty pointless one.  As said numerous times, you would do
> yourself and others a favour stopping that.

It is not my fault it is a pointless one. Why can't we take this
oportunity to finally handle this issue like it should have been from
the start, and give debian a tool to really handle such social problems
so it won't happen again in the future ?

> > > I would therefore ask you to reduce the volume of your posts on
> > > this subject by at least two orders of magnitude.
> >
> > Sure, but what will it bring ?
>
> Contrary to the flood of mails it has the potential to calm down the
> situation, at least for people not named 'Sven Luther'.

To what end ? So we can have this same mess in two weeks ?

> > Would be a solution, but the problem is that there is absolutely no will
> > on the other side to even look at the problem, so i have no solution but
> > to make a fuss to say that the current situation is unacceptable to me.
>
> The solution is you not having d-i commit permission.  You don't accept
> this.

  My responsability :
    - I admit that the d-i team don't want to deal with me, too bad for
      debian and them.

Mmm, somehow, this seems at total odd with what you say. I still claim
that the d-i leadership decision to remove my svn commit access was
unfair and stupid, but it has been over 6 months now that i have
abandoned all claims to it, and have repeatedly said so, without it ever
being notice. Who speaks of FUD ?

> Due to your behaviour you have also be suspended for a while.

Not due to my behaviour, due to unaceptable full play, and
irregularities in the expulsion procedure. This is not the same, and
this is the truth nobody wants me to claim loudly.

> You don't accept that either.  Please learn to live with this.  You are

Sure i won't accept it. If you would be fair, you would not accept the
expulsion procedure as it was done either. If you where honest, you
would yourself ask for an investigation about the shady dealings which
happened back then. But as it is bothersome truth, i need to be
silenced.

> not helping yourself beating these dead horses over and over again.
> You won't change either of them.  Don't start asking why, just accept
> the facts and live with them.  Please!!!

Well, i think you are wrong. The irregularities around the expulsion
procedure are hurting deban, and many are outraged by it, even though
they remain silent.

But debian can grow up, and learn how to deal which such social crisis.
Let's make debian better, and something where such problems can be delt
with fairly and honourably.

Sadly,

Sven Luther