Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 09:36:47AM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> Sven,
>
> You may or may not have been mistreated but the volume of your
> arguments is disproportionate.  There are millions of people
> who are being treated far worse and on an ongoing basis and I'd
> like to use what few spare cycles my brain has to worry about
> them rather than skipping over arguments about Sven.

Possibly, but for two points :

  - i am not forcing you to read this thread, just as i am not forced to
    read each of the random flamewar which debian has had without me
    being involved.

  - this is a case where you can do something, so it is a bit different
    than the case of all those who suffer far worse than me, and where
    you can hardly act.

> Furthermore, your arguments are repetitive and counter-productive
> as they alienate more and more Debian readers.

Well, i am just holding an open and public conversation with some folk,
is that so evil ? I believe the conversation has to be open and
transparent, past dealings have shown me that trying to hold them in
private will bring nothing, so what do you expect ?

> I would therefore ask you to reduce the volume of your posts on
> this subject by at least two orders of magnitude.

Sure, but what will it bring ?

> You might want to consider developing a web page with careful

You mean, like :

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FransPopAndOthersVs%2eSvenLutherIssue?highlight=%28SvenLuther%29

Didn't help, and that page is now almost 7 months old.

> analysis of evidence and arguments, reviewing it carefully over
> a period of weeks until you are certain it stands alone and does
> not require repetitive emails to shore it up, and then posting
> a single email with request for review by whomever you believe
> has the power to effect action in your favor.  At that point,
> if you choose, it would not be unreasonable to link to said
> website in your sig.

Would be a solution, but the problem is that there is absolutely no will
on the other side to even look at the problem, so i have no solution but
to make a fuss to say that the current situation is unacceptable to me.

It is so easy to solve this issue, so easy, that i don't understand at
all why people find it so important to come against me so strongly,
creating mails which amount to around half of this thread, instead of
saying, ok, we will investigate the issue, and solve this so everyone is
happy.

Sad, isn't it ?

Sven Luther