Re: Open Letter to Anthony Towns about the d-i mediation ...

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:21:25AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:12:32 +0100, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> said:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 12:21:41PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >> Are all DDs equal?
>
> > No. Debian is a meritocracy; "those who do, get to decide". There is
> > nothing wrong with that. On the contrary -- there /would/ be
> > something wrong with a Debian where anyone, even those who maintain
> > just one small unimportant package and do nothing more, get to make
> > important decisions on core principles of Debian.
>
>         Mostly agreed, though I would say that it is the quality of
>  contribution to the discussion, and peoples perception of the
>  judgement of the person, rather than package count, that matters in
>  the latter case.

Sure. When I mentioned "one small unimportant package", it was meant
as an example of a way in which someone can contribute some work, but
not much; as a porter, I'll be the first to agree that there are many
ways to contribute, of which package maintenance is just one.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22