Re: Open Letter to Anthony Towns about the d-i mediation ... [forking practicalities]

Steve Langasek wrote:
> I have never seen [Sven] attempt to *make peace* with
> Frans, except as a strategy for regaining access to svn.

Is there any way Sven could attempt to do that now without it being seen
as a strategy for regaining access to svn?

Personally, I doubt it.

How functional is git's svnimport and so on?  Would the powerpc builders
be open to using a git store upstream instead of d-i's svn, and someone
with d-i commit access be willing to merge changes back?  I think that's
about the only route I can see that would let Sven Luther do powerpc
maintenance directly again.

Hopefully someone smarter will have a better suggestion.  It's sad to
see so many clever people unwilling to go beyond calling for /ignore
svenl and sod the powerpc install.  Is no-one smart enough to come up
with a way that's good enough to stem complaints from both sides?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef