Re: Open Letter to Anthony Towns about the d-i mediation ... [forking practicalities]

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 09:26:47AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I have never seen [Sven] attempt to *make peace* with
> > Frans, except as a strategy for regaining access to svn.
>
> Is there any way Sven could attempt to do that now without it being seen
> as a strategy for regaining access to svn?

No, because at this point, the important thing, despite what Steve says, is
not really the svn commit access. I can perfectly live in the current
situation, if the d-i team where more responsive [1], and frans avoided being
bashful in his replies to the BTS.

This seems totally at odd with Steve's complaint i only want the commit back,
and do not want to solve the issue.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

[1] the apple G5 fancontrol patches are not yet commited for example, making
the boxes go into airplan noiselevel a minute after booting, making the
installer pretty unusable on those, its almost 2 weeks since i commited them.
I agree that the freeze means they could not be uploaded before rc1 is out,
but at least they could have been commited to the svn. Same goes for the
finish-install IBM power serial console patch.