Re: Please change the Maintainer: header when forking Debian

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:07:11AM +0100, Roland Mas wrote:
> Michael Banck, 2006-11-03 02:27:40 +0100 :
>
> > Ubuntu is renaming the Maintainer: header to Original-Maintainer:
> > and is using their respective development mailing list as
> > Maintainer: for newly compiled packages for quite a while now.
>
> For values of "quite a while" less than two weeks, I suppose, since my
> latest experience of "Hey, why don't you fix your bugs in Ubuntu?"
> ended about two weeks ago with a rebuild of my package (kinoplus, in
> that case) which *still* lists me as the maintainer.  Insofar as I can
> navigate the Launchpad thingy, I see no mention of "Debian-Maintainer"
> or "Original-Maintainer".

If you grab the .deb referenced from
http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/graphics/kinoplus and look at the
control inside, you will find:

Package: kinoplus
Version: 0.3.5-3build1
[...]
Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com>

Maybe they still retain your name somewhere on launchpad.net though, not
sure.

Michael