Re: Please change the Maintainer: header when forking Debian

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:40:02PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Isn't this request contrary to the consensus identified in the poll on this
> subject earlier this year?

  err, poll ? I've never "voted" in such a poll, and I've had problems
with packages of mine living in ubuntu universe two times already, and
that's tiredsome. Especially because one of those users didn't want to
believe that I was not the "Ubuntu Maintainer" of that package, since my
name was in it.

  Would I have had seen that poll, I would have been in favor of
renaming the Debian Maintainer: field into Debian-Maintainer: or
whatever else too.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit