Re: Please change the Maintainer: header when forking Debian

Michael Banck, 2006-11-03 02:27:40 +0100 :

> Ubuntu is renaming the Maintainer: header to Original-Maintainer:
> and is using their respective development mailing list as
> Maintainer: for newly compiled packages for quite a while now.

For values of "quite a while" less than two weeks, I suppose, since my
latest experience of "Hey, why don't you fix your bugs in Ubuntu?"
ended about two weeks ago with a rebuild of my package (kinoplus, in
that case) which *still* lists me as the maintainer.  Insofar as I can
navigate the Launchpad thingy, I see no mention of "Debian-Maintainer"
or "Original-Maintainer".

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Neko-no me-to, onna-gokoro-to, aki-no-sora. -- Proverbe japonais
(« Souvent femme varie, bien fol est qui s'y fie. »)