Re: Please change the Maintainer: header when forking Debian

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:09:23PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> I've had problems with packages of mine living in ubuntu universe two
> times already, and that's tiredsome. Especially because one of those
> users didn't want to believe that I was not the "Ubuntu Maintainer" of
> that package, since my name was in it.

Ubuntu is renaming the Maintainer: header to Original-Maintainer: and is
using their respective development mailing list as Maintainer: for newly
compiled packages for quite a while now.

Michael

--
<peterS> well, even if we're happy about an approximation of Pi ~= 3,
        it's nice to see them come up with a second approximation of 3.1