Re: package ownership in Debian (was: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?)

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> I agree, but we need to keep in mind that Ubuntu has less officially
> supported
> packages (the main section) and the others are in universe section,
> supported
> by volunteers like us, that work on (almost) whatever thing they think is
> ok.

 Actually, I would be fine with only supporting a smaller set officially
 in Debian too.  Of course, not all Debian Developers would agree with
 me on this.

 I think Ubuntu has also two upload keyrings, one for people approved to
 upload to main (the officially supported set) and one for people
 allowed to upload to universe (more or less the rest).

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>