package ownership in Debian (was: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?)

Please reply to -project only!

also sprach Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2006.07.28.1737 +0100]:
> If Debian had slightly less of a culture of "Keep your hands off
> my package", I'd do it here instead.

I've been thinking about this a lot for the past week.

Is there any way this could be changed?

Does Debian *want* it changed?

also sprach Fabio Tranchitella <kobold@debian.org> [2006.07.28.1755 +0100]:
> How many Debian maintainers think the same? I'm sure there are
> a lot of them who do not soffer of the "this is my package, go
> away" syndrome.

http://wiki.debian.org/LowThresholdNmu

`. `'`

no cat has eight tails.