Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

"Manoj Srivastava" <srivasta@debian.org> wrote in message [🔎] 87bqrgdpg3.fsf@glaurung.internal.golden-gryphon.com">news:[🔎] 87bqrgdpg3.fsf@glaurung.internal.golden-gryphon.com...
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:56:59 +0200, Bernhard R Link <brlink@debian.org> said:

A GR should wait - within reasonable time - until developers can
have the information they need for a informed decision.

       The constitution specifies the time that the GR needs to be in
discussion, and the period determined is a  minimum of two weeks.

Changing something important like this without some statement from
the people directly involved in this would otherwise look so rushed
that at least my caution would default me to oppose any change.

       The SPI board is not directly involved in anything Debian does
to allow other organizations (like the UK debian society) to accept
funds for Debian.

That is true. However this ammendment substancially changes the section
that talks about SPI, so it would be reasonable to have SPI's board look at it if they so desire. At best they could find some text that ought to be tweeked, and at worst they could have no input.

This ammendment is in no real hurry, as it mearlly re-affrims the status quo, and tweeks a few related lines.

Of course it is your ammendment, so it is your decision.