Re: Donations

* Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [060613 20:08]:
>         Should we move the bit about SPI to an external no-foundation
>  document?  I would be open to that, but it would be nice if I see
>  some indication other people agree with aj and me.

Has anyone asked the lawyers about the consequences this whole change
may have?
Currently SPI is like an anchor tieing Debian into the legal world.
Losening that tie might[1] result in vanishing too much causing some
practical problems.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link

P.S: I still do not understand why this whole change is necessary.
Perhaps I missed something. But some rationale would really be nice.

[1] no idea how or if, but it is not unthinkable. And consequences
 could be severe enough that I really suggest that should be checked.