Re: irc.debian.org

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

>> > Jabber doesn't have any useable non-graphic Clients.
>>
>> So write one or grab one of the existing ones and make it not suck.
>
> As it is, IRC *does* have non-sucking non-graphic clients. If you think
> people should switch to Jabber, I think you ought to write such a
> client, not someone who's not interested in using Jabber in the first
> place.

Because IRC clients are really, really nice, and Jabber clients
are not (I don't know of any Jabber client I consider usable, the
same for ICQ and the other IM services - I dislike licq, for
example), the best option to get us incorrigible IRC freaks onto
Jabber would be to improve bitlbee so it works with all features
of Jabber.

Oh, wait. I use bitlbee already. And it does have Jabber support
(thought not optimal). But I never bothered to get a Jabber
account. Let me think of why. *ponder* Oh, right, I never met
anyone with a Jabber account that wasn't on IRC most of the time.

But that's probably just because we IRC geeks form a single
Jabber-hostile group.

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--