Re: Getting LSB 3.0 support into Debian (Was: Delegation for trademark negotiatons with the DCCA)

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Getting LSB 3.0 support in Debian sounds like a great idea.  Lets make

Forget it.

Full LSB 3.0 support implies mucking with the initscript names.  That won't
happen.  We can certainly do something so that no clashes happen, such as
shunting all initscripts from LSB somewhere else than /etc/init.d, or adding
"lsb-" to the front of all of them (my favourite solution).

I doubt very much so that you will get Debian to use only lanana-approved
initscript names, or add "debian-" as a prefix to all non-lanana-approved
initscripts.

And this crap happens for the cron scripts too.

We can (and it would be a good thing to, IMHO) support as much of the LSB
3.0 as we can.  But full support? I don't see that happening.

  Henrique Holschuh