Re: Delegation for trademark negotiatons with the DCCA

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 05:18:50PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Branden Robinson (Debian Project Leader) has delegated to me the
> authority to make a decision regarding the use of the Debian trademark
> by the (as currently named) Debian Core Consortium Alliance.
>
> I plan on working with both the leadership of the DCCA, the SPI
> trademark group, and Debian Developers to resolve this issue as
> amicably as possible, as rapidly as possible.

So, it's been three weeks, without any word that I've seen. I note
that dccalliance.org uses the Debian swirl logo (which can only be
used to refer to Debian), and has a FAQ entry that notes `"DCC" is
an abbreviation for "Debian Common Core"', and recent press articles
such as [0] refer to the alliance by its expanded title: "Ubuntu is a
Debian-based distribution, though it is not part of the recently launched
Debian Common Core Alliance."

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3547611