Re: Delegation for trademark negotiatons with the DCCA

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:27:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> So, it's been three weeks, without any word that I've seen.

Now it's been four weeks since the delegation, a month since I suggested
Branden delegate this, and just under two months since Florian Weimer
brought the subject to this list's attention, and there's _still_ been
no response to the developers.

> I note
> that dccalliance.org uses the Debian swirl logo (which can only be
> used to refer to Debian), and has a FAQ entry that notes `"DCC" is
> an abbreviation for "Debian Common Core"', and recent press articles
> such as [0] refer to the alliance by its expanded title: "Ubuntu is a
> Debian-based distribution, though it is not part of the recently launched
> Debian Common Core Alliance."

Likewise, Progeny notes as news that the "DCC (Debian Common Core)
Alliance Launches", and the name "Debian Common Core" continues to
propogate via press articles on slashdot and zdnet.

My understanding is it's necessary to rigorously enforce your trademark
to ensure it doesn't lapse. This doesn't seem to be what's happening here.

Cheers,
aj