Re: Delegation for trademark negotiatons with the DCCA

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:27:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > So, it's been three weeks, without any word that I've seen.
>
> Now it's been four weeks since the delegation, a month since I
> suggested Branden delegate this, and just under two months since
> Florian Weimer brought the subject to this list's attention, and
> there's _still_ been no response to the developers.

This is primarily because there still is nothing concrete to
report.[1] I will be preparing a summary of what has happened and is
happening shortly; until that time, please bear with me as I attempt
to resolve this issue without enflaming the situtation[2] further.

> My understanding is it's necessary to rigorously enforce your
> trademark to ensure it doesn't lapse. This doesn't seem to be what's
> happening here.

The few dozen e-mails that I have sent between myself and the
representatives of the DCCA are reasonable evidence of Debian's desire
to protect the Debian mark.

Don Armstrong

1: Concrete in this situtation being a final resolution of the issues
with the usage of the trademark.

2: Unfortunatly, many of the individuals involved are extraordinarily
busy, so things have not moved forward at the speed I had envisioned
originally; reagrdless, communication is occuring.
--
The beauty of the DRUNKENNESS subprogram was that you could move your
intoxication level up and down at will, instead of being caught on a