Re: What the DFSG really says about trademarks

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:06 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:49:44AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> >It gets as close as any organisation does, with speakers
> >listed as "Debian-UK" rather than anything else.
>
> Where, precisely? To the best of my knowledge, people have simply
> represented "Debian" at various events / conferences.
*snip*
>  Conference trips that have been paid for from Debian UK funds:
>
>  * Debconf 3 travel (Scott James Remnant, as he already mentioned)

Indeed this was requested through the usual "subsidy" of all Debconf
travel as I was unemployed at the time; iirc it was considered easier by
the organisers to pay me from UK-held funds than SPI or NUUG/Debconf.
As it was a Debconf I was representing myself and Debian, not just those
of us who live in the UK.

>  * Dpkg conference (Scott again)

This was held at the OSWC in Malaga at the request of the DPL, and again
as I was unemployed it was funded by Debian -- the fact it came out of
UK funds rather than SPI was simply that it was easier.

I just checked my name badge[0] and it says simply "Debian" on it.

Scott

[0] does anyone else collect them?
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?