Re: Take APT 0.6 discussion public!

* martin f krafft (madduck@debian.org) [050216 16:30]:
> also sprach Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [2005.02.16.1541 +0100]:
> > Yes. If we weren't we might wake up one day and mistakenly think
> > it might be possible to have discussions on Debian lists that
> > didn't involve gratuitous insults.

> I described the situation as perceived by numerous (if not most)
> developers. If it is an insult to you, maybe you are doing something
> wrong?

Actually, you didn't describe a situation, but you converted a
discussion aiming for a solution of a particular problem into (untrue)
accusations against developers who really work hard on Debian, and just
for the single reason that Joey indicated that creating a new mailing
list hosted at your site might not be the best way to get a quick and
good result.

Sorry, but that really sucks.  If you are not interested in helping
but just want to have your domainname advertised, than please say so,
but don't start throwing your sandbox moulds at others who work.

And, please accept it from me:  I am _really_ disappointed.  I brought
the issues open with apt 0.6 up in public in hope to get to a solution,
but you managed to convert it into a flamewar that steals time and
energy instead of helping.  What do you think that your behaviour will
promote - open discussions or hiding discussions from you?

Andi

PS: And, BTW, _please_ configure your MUA/MTA to not use
localhost.localdomain.
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/