Re: Take APT 0.6 discussion public!

martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [2005.02.16.1703 +0100]:
Or, wait, perhaps you aren't my boss, and you've got absolutely no
business demanding that I account for my time?
Doesn't the position of a delegate bear a certain amount of
responsibility and duties, which you willingly accepted as part of
taking on the job?

No, it does not. You have a debian.org address; presumably you read the constitution as part of that. Please see 2.1.1:

    1. Nothing in this constitution imposes an obligation on anyone to
       do work for the Project. A person who does not want to do a task
       which has been delegated or assigned to them does not need to do
       it. However, they must not actively work against these rules and
       decisions properly made under them.

I am not the one to define these responsibilities and duties as I do
not know enough about them,

If you don't know what you're talking about, either learn, or shut up. Reading the first page of the constitution to see what delegates' responsibilities actually is not a big ask.

I don't care a thing for what you do outside of your official
functions in Debian.

Wow, friendly.

I will apologise for every single insult I have spoken iff you
pinpoint it as being an insult and not a statement of fact.

Thanks for confirming my expectations.

Regards,
aj