Re: Debian Hardened project (question about use of the "Debian" trademark)

Hi,

Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro wrote:
:: [...]
:: The idea (i repeat) is now that the packages
:: should be recompiled, passed to a temporal pool,
:: tested, and then moved to the 'main' pool,
:: without creating branches/sub-trees/brands/etc,
:: and just making all the packages, hardened,
:: without making interferences or making them for
:: unstable.

	I was on Alioth and on 2004.09.14, a new
project called "Debian: Secure by Default", was
launched.

	If you check the site and the mission
statement, it looks like pretty much with you
pourpose.

	I'm just "highlight" this because in
security area we have to work together and split
"forces" and/or "efforts" is a total waste of
time.

	Considering this, "Debian Hardened" is
in someway related with "Debian Secure by Default"?
Could both project join forces? Work together and
do the best for Debian? :)

	Best regards,

--
// Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)