Re: Debian Hardened project (question about use of the "Debian" trademark)

* Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@gnu.org> [2004-09-15 15:22]:
> That's the reason because it's called *Debian* Hardened... and, did
> you the comments on /.? If you did, you should know a good example
> of another distro that is currently developing something alike:
> Hardened Gentoo.

I've read the comments and maybe "hardened" is an appropriate name for
such an effort.  I don't know, and I'm aware that I'm overly
conservative in such regards, but so far I have not seen many other
Debian developers saying that's it a good idea either.  Furthermore,
my main problem is that you announce this project as "Debian Hardened"
before there is any consensus at all that Debian is interested in such
a project.  Again, I haven't seen many Debian people responding to
your mail saying "great idea, let's do this".
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com