Re: Debian Hardened project (question about use of the "Debian" trademark)

El mié, 15-09-2004 a las 02:25, Martin Michlmayr escribió:
> * Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@gnu.org> [2004-09-14 22:20]:
> > I want to see Debian Hardened as an official Debian subproject
>
> *sigh*  I wasn't aware the procedure for becoming an official Debian
> subproject was to announce the project on slashdot.
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/15/003202

Mea culpa, but i just sent it to get some feedback from interested
developers.
I'm sorry if it is not the most appropriated way to talk about it, but
there's no bad intention at all, and it has nothing to do for become an
official Debian sub-project.
That's the reason because it's called *Debian* Hardened... and, did you
the comments on /.? If you did, you should know a good example of
another distro that is currently developing something alike: Hardened
Gentoo.

> Anyway, you might want to propose something on the debian-security
> list if you haven't done so yet.

Possibly you don't have contacted Steve, from Debian Security (and also
from the Audit sub-project).
I've talked with him, about a whitepaper i'm writing about how to harden
Debian.Debian Hardened is the result of thinking in the most easy way to
provide a hardened Debian without making it unusable for many users that
wouldn't mind in things like "re-compiling the core" ...

Cheers,
--
Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@gnu.org>