Re: Stop Debian/FreeBSD

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 02:41:16PM -0500, Clint Adams wrote:
> > I think the issue is not if we don't want to have any package recompilation.
> > The issue is if we can take advantage of binary compatibility where it
> > doesn't make a difference.
>
> By attempting to fill demand for "FreeBSD kernel with Debian" by
> providing a FreeBSD kernel with Linux binary support and ext2fs
> file support and a compatibility package so that the user can
> run Debian/Linux-i386 and pretend it's FreeBSD?

I am not sure about BSD. It depends if you really are going to use FreeBSDs
libc or glibc. What I said applies mostly to the latter case. If you are
going with a different libc, it depends on the ABI exposed. As it is most
likely incompatible with glibc, my comments do not apply, as it makes a
difference.

Marcus