Re: More debug infos - was: Re: iMac G5 "windfarm"

On 1/10/21 9:35 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Hmmm...  "then the debian-installer stuffs this in a dialog box, presumably
> to select the drive to install to."
> Is the dialog box somehow not getting to be displayed?  If it's expecting an
> answer from the dialog box, but you can't see it to answer, that would explain
> the hang...

No, as I already explained the problem is that the "parted_server" process crashes
which is what the installer communicates to over FIFOs and the crash occurs when
the server calls into libparted.

Coming up with your own theories when we already have localized the issue to a certain
process and library makes no sense.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz