Re: iMac G5 "windfarm"

On 1/3/21 7:10 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>     I thought we had all agreed that grub was the only way forwards?

I did not say that GRUB was going away :-).

>     Maybe I will glance down the maillist here and see what has been
>     happening.  Also I see a new installer image for 2021-01-03 but my
>     guess is that there is some glibc issue hanging around. Perhaps.

As always, the images have not been tested yet on anything but sparc64 where
I have the possibility to test it inside a SPARC LDOM.

I have already burned that image to a CD and I will test it myself on my iBook
G4 later today.

So, unless someone spots anything new, please don't report that partman is hanging
on 32-bit PowerPC or grub-installer doesn't work on your Mac - I already know :-).

>     Regardless I will make some coffee and give this a whirl and see
>     what happens.

Sure, enjoy. The disclaimer still stands.

>     Also thank you for all the great work you are doing!  Personaly I
>     see no damn way that these older ppc64 big-endian boxes would be
>     anything but boat anchors or large shiney door stops without you.

Thanks. Appreciate the praise. And I also appreciate any help.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz