Re: More debug infos - was: Re: iMac G5 "windfarm"

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021, at 8:46 AM, Alex Perez wrote:>
> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote on 1/4/2021 1:56 AM:
> > My guess is that this issue can be worked around by zeroing the partition
> > table of the system before installing Debian.
> >
> > Can someone give it a try?
> I did so, zeroing out my drive first, with the latest 2020-01-03 netinst
> image, and it seems to maybe get a little bit further, but still hangs.
> In the TUI, it hangs at 52% instead of ~47% percent, as it did before.
> It seems to stall in when executing /lib/partman/init.d/35dump (which
> seems to never exit)
>
> All the above nine-line script does is cat the device strings (via
> /var/lib/partman/devices/*) and then the debian-installer stuffs this in
> a dialog box, presumably to select the drive to install to. Since
> there's only one drive on my system, and I've verified I get expected
> values from the one entry for sda, I'm not sure why it's hanging, but
> it's progress of a sort.
> > Adrian

Hmmm...  "then the debian-installer stuffs this in a dialog box, presumably to select the drive to install to."
Is the dialog box somehow not getting to be displayed?  If it's expecting an answer from the dialog box, but you can't see it to answer, that would explain the hang...

Maybe?
Rick