Re: PPC64 Illegal Instruction

I'm not frustrated. This is good progress. It's a sight to see such a
nice system (minus the PPC64 port, for the immediate moment) being
built up and maintained by dedicated people in the community, and I'm
very glad I get to be a part of that. I think we've come a long way
since June '18.

I actually had the PowerProgress repository already in that
installation. When I tried to download Firefox, one of its dependencies
was missing, and I heard from somebody else that it was still buggy,
which has been a problem since Jessie with 52.8.

Though they had Arctic Fox as well, it had the same problems that were
earlier described. Someone told me that it was never compiled on Debian
(just Fedora and OpenSUSE), and the PowerProgress guys just uploaded
the Fedora compiled version. But when I tried to compile it myself, the
compiler yelled at me because a bunch of files were missing, so I'm
just going to wait for a new version to try again. Maybe they won't be
missing.

Other than that, I haven't really seen much PowerProgress offers that's
really worth adding, but that may just be a lack of knowing on my part.

Noah