Re: PPC64 Illegal Instruction

Hi Adrian,

Unfortunately, the issue is still not resolved. Audacious, Audacity,
and VLC (and I'm sure, many others) are still throwing "Illegal
instruction".

At first I thought it was because the baseline was changed to POWER5
instead of POWER4. Altivec or not, the PowerPC970 is still based on
POWER4, so it makes sense (at least to me) that it would still refuse
to launch.

@Michael, if I may ask (and if I have this right), if the fix was
simply a name change for a newer version, and effectively useless for
us, what was the point of changing it, and what can be done to fix our
issue?

Noah