Re: PPC64 Illegal Instruction

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 07:40:56PM +0000, Noah Wolfe wrote:
> Ah, I see. So as I understand it, the fix was applied to upstream
> experimental, and will in time make its way downstream to unstable.
> That's why it would be closed as fixed, right?

No, it is fixed in Debian experimental (i.e., not upstream).

> So it's useless only for the time being.

Probably for a very large value of "only for the time being"
because Debian is now essentially frozen, and the version of
x265 in experimental will not be uploaded to unstable until
after the release of Buster which is likely to be months
away.

Cheers,
Michael.